New clients walk into our office every day with one question: Is CoolSculpting better than liposuction? Fundamentally, this is the wrong question to ask. The better inquiry is which treatments are you a better candidate and achieves your goal. While both will permanently remove fat cells from the body, the similarities end there.
All things considered, your needs and goals will dictate which body sculpting procedure is right for you. You should beware those selling one-size-fits-all solutions. Each has advantages and disadvantages. Here is a general list.
- Procedure Type – Liposuction is a surgical procedure that requires anesthesia, while CoolSculpting is noninvasive.
- Best for Treating – CoolSculpting works best for small to moderate trouble spots. On the other hand, liposuction works well on larger deposits and fine-tuning surgical results.
- Target Areas – Liposuction works great for the abdomen, waist, hips, buttocks, thighs and most areas. CoolSculpting works well for the upper and lower abdomen, back, and inner thighs.
- Results – A single CoolSculpting treatment can reduce the size of a bulge, while liposuction will produce more dramatic and immediate results.
- Downtime – Many times, with liposuction, it will take a week before you can return to regular active and another 6 weeks for vigorous exercise. CoolSculpting has no downtime at all.
- Repeated Treatments – In most instances, CoolSculpting achieves the best results with 3 sessions. However, generally speaking, liposuction does not require additional treatment.
Ultimately, CoolSculpting is the better option for those wanting to avoid the higher cost, risk, pain, and recovery time associated with liposuction. In fact, many clients are relaxed and comfortable enough, during the procedure, to listen to music or read a book. Regardless, the best treatment is based on your own personal needs.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to find out if either CoolSculpting or liposuction is right for you, or to discuss a related topic, please contact us.